Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR GOOD TRAINERS?

What makes a good trainer great? Presentation skills? Definitely. Charisma? To a certain extent. But to me personally, I think what raises a trainer up from the pack, is one little word that packs a whole lot into it – PASSION.

Passion for what they are teaching. Passion to impart and share knowledge and experience. Passion to give. These are the people who are probably not doing it for money but for pure love for what they are teaching. And of course, as we’ve heard so often, with passion, money will come.

The greatest satisfaction that comes from being a professional speaker or trainer is when you know you have made an impact on your audience. One such occasion that is etched deeply in my mind is when my husband Patrick & I were invited to be keynote speakers for a business seminar in Sydney a few years ago.

We were speaking to around 1,000 Australians for two sessions of 45 minutes each. After the last session, we were kept on stage for almost an hour as a long queue (I have no idea how many) of people came on stage to shake our hands and hug us. It was awesome!

I felt so humbled and full of gratitude for having been given the opportunity to impact these people. I pray we were able to create positive change in some of them.

We were never trained at that time how to be good presenters, we were just speaking from the heart. But after that, Patrick & I decided we should get some formal training and that’s why we decided to attend the Certified Professional Trainers Course in March this year. We really enjoyed ourselves – it was wonderful meeting people from different disciplines and industries but all with one thing in common – a passion to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home