Monday, July 17, 2006

Becoming Brand You

A great book that you can pick up about Personal Branding is Tom Peter’s Reinventing Work: the Brand You 50.

All of you have heard of Tom Peters, I’m sure. He shot to fame with his book (co-authored with Bob Waterman) In Search of Excellence, way back in 1982. The book was named by NPR (in 1999) as one of the "Top Three Business Books of the Century," and ranked as the "greatest business book of all in a poll by Britain’s Bloomsbury (2002).

I really love this book, as it really touches a lot of raw nerve on the importance of setting yourself apart from the crowd. As Tom Peters wrote:

“It is the new millennium. YOU CANNOT STAND ON A PAT HAND. Period. I can’t either. I am madly experimenting with different sorts of communications devices… Why?
I – AGE 56 – GOTTA.
“Unless I want to fold my tent and go gently into that freezing night. AND I DON’T.”

And bearing in mind, he’s one of the lucky ones with the option to call it quits if he wants!

The Brand You 50 book lays it all out: from how to design a business card that screams “distinction” to crafting an image that sets you apart, from transforming your skill portfolio to delivering WOW! Results every time.

While this book is targeted towards the Employee holding a job, it’s great for all you trainers out there! I especially love the language and style Peters uses in the book – it talks to the young, and for those of you training the young, there’s certainly lots to pick up from him!

TIP: You can also visit his website: www.tompeters.com – there are lots of cool books to download for FREE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home